Monday, June 2, 2014
Tuesday, May 27, 2014
1. Ford's stainless steel headlight rings from 1949 through 1956. All makes and models interchange.
2. 1949 ford cars had 16inch steel wheels for only one year. Small ford pattern. Making them rare and awesome.
3. 1949 fords hoods were designed poorly causing them to buckle easily at the rear hing area. Most guys use a 50 ford hood. They are much stronger.
4. 1949-50 ford woody wagons used 1949-1950 mercury outside door handles.
5. 1949 to 1951 ford f1 pick up trucks often had 1949 mercury radios installed in them from the factory.
Just in case you were wondering.
I am taking time to visit Titus about once a week. There is a group I car guys that get together and talk shop. Anyway. Here a pic of Titus's 34 ford coupe. Molded rear fenders, channelled all pointing to early 50's influence. Not to mention the hemi and Lasalle transmission combo. It was a blast.