Sunday, November 25, 2007

Rocker Panel Update

So, I have been welding alot. Notice I didn’t qualify that as good welding, because certainly the pictures below show that. I put more heat into those pieces that was probably needed. Oh well - no one is going to see them anyway.

Here is the rear part of the inner rocker panel and floor piece. This was rotted away and was causing the door to not be supported. so, about 5 patch pieces later I have something a little more solid. I will have to put a relief cut into the pillar piece to get the rocker panel to slide into it.

rear-rocker-repair.jpg

Here is the lower side of the inner rocker panel. It is attached to the wheel well and should work out as a good mounting point for the rear fender.

innerrocker-repair.jpg

Here is the other side of the door. This piece is often rotted all the way up to the seam and is an integral piece of strength. I replaced this pretty easily. It fit between the gap in the door and the body.

rear-wheel-well.jpg

Lastly, in my attempt to find all the pin holes, and rusted through areas I went a little crazy with my scraper. Probably my favorite tool of all. I complete cleaned the floor of all the rubberized undercoating and dusty dirt left on the floor. This was a pain, but now I can be certain that the floor will be clean and not smell old! I plan on seam sealing evertyhing then covering it with POR 15 - black of course.

rear-floor-clean.jpg

No comments: