Thursday, December 3, 2009

Transmission Cooler Lines

One interesting project I had to tackle recently was the mounting of the transmission cooler lines. This wasn't incredibly difficult, except that I wanted to make it clean and easy to get around if I had to remove the starter.

I also wanted to flex my fab skill by making up a fancy bracket for the lines to run on. To accomplish this I made a paper template and then transferred it to steel. I incorporated the threaded mount tab for the flywheel dust cover (because I do not plan on running one) which worked out perfectly.

I have to say though..taking your time when you are bending tubing and checking-rechecking to make sure the measurements are correct before hand makes a world of difference. The transcooler line is 5/16ths diameter and the rubber line is used to reduce engine flex which could weaken the fitting, causing a leak.

I like to think that this accomplishes everything I hoped it would and now simply have to mount the cooler itself.



Now onto the radiator hoses and fuel line.

No comments: